What are Smart Pots®?
A New Container System
for a Better Plant
The Smart Pot® is a fabric container for the growing plants on the ground,
called the Above-Ground Smart Pot®.
It has many advantages over solid wall containers:
Root System grown
in a Smart Pot
- Prevents root circling by air pruning.
- Promotes abundant, healthier secondary root branching.
- Promotes quicker growth by providing better root structure.
- Promotes cooler roots on sunny days by releasing heat.
- Promotes better drainage while retaining adequate moisture.
With the Smart Pot® system, we will be able to fill your request
for our plant material long after bare root season has passed. Our Smart Pot
containers come in various sizes:
Flowering Plums and More
- #25 – Specimen 1 ¾”—2 ½”
- #15 - 1”-1 ¾” cal. (approx. 15 gal.)
- #10 – smaller caliper tree, Fruit trees, and Shrubs (approx. 10 gal.)
- #7 – smaller shrubs and tree sizes (approx. 7 gal.)
Why should you buy a Smart Pot®-ted plant?
Row of Hawthorne
in Smart Pots
- Healthy, strong plant.
- Best root system in town.
- Easy transplanting and quicker establishment for the customer.
- Ready to sell, no waiting for bare root season.
- Planting instructions and labels available.
- Holds well in sawdust, no rooting into sawdust and the bag won’t rot – just in case
Why should you buy a Smart Pot? Stronger plant, better roots, faster
transplant establishment equates to a satisfied customer who will come back
to you year after year.
You can find more information about fabric bags at High Caliper Smart Growing Systems: www.treebag.com.